Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving!


Today, I am all smiles! I get to be with family all day long (except that Josh has to work from 6am-2pm), eat a TON of good food (without too much guilt), and just enjoy the day! The babies are up, fed, dressed, and happy! Ky is glued to Toy Story, and Kade is laying on the floor with her baby brush to occupy her. She would much rather have a random object than a toy! For now I am staying away from the fray at Mom's house. Adding my two babies to the chaos is not a balance to my help in the kitchen (ha!). So for the next 2-3 hours I get to chill with my wonderful two babies while a turkey sits in my oven (there are never enough stoves around here to cook everything that needs to be cooked!).

Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God. And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him. Colossians 3:15-17

I've been trying to read my Bible every day, and it astounds me at all the wealth I was missing before hand. Somehow, until just recently, I missed the fact that I can read THE WORD OF GOD. Did you grasp that? THE WORD OF GOD! How awesome is that? I accepted the gift of Christ's death and resurrection when I was in Middle School, but I love how I can grow spiritually every day by reading my Bible :) I love my God, and my Savior, Jesus Christ. I am so very thankful for all of the blessings I have in my life! Everything is better with God close to your heart! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment