Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Part 4

This part of the day is a blur in my memory... probably partly because everything happened so darn fast. I was sitting up on the edge of the bed, facing the window, my mom was in front of me, her hands on my knees, and my nurse was all over the room. I definitely remember that I said that I wanted the epidural, but that I was pushing without meaning to. The anesthesiologist came in and asked if I would be able to sit still while he did the epidural and I responded "I don't knooooow" right in the middle of a contraction. My doctor also came in somewhere in the middle of all of this, after the nurse called him with a cryptic "come now" on the phone. Both the doctor and the anesthesiologist were behind me, and I heard them discussing the option of a spinal block instead of an epidural, but my body was moving faster than their conversation! I laid back down on the hospital bed and pushed! The nurse and doctor were fine with it, as a natural delivery is usually much easier and quicker than one in which the patient can only partially feel how to push, lol. At this point Josh was still outside in the waiting room, thinking I was getting an epidural! Someone ran to get him, and he made it in right after the first push. Three contractions (three big pushes) later, Miss Kaedrianna made her wonderful appearance at 7 lbs 3 oz and 20 inches long :)

I've been kinda rushed in typing this all out, so I think I might come back and edit some parts of it. I have NO idea how I will ever get homework done when I go back to school, because I can't even manage to type a couple of paragraphs without needing to do something with the kiddos!

No comments:

Post a Comment