Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Kade's Birth Story!

It has been 6 weeks and 2 days since Kaedrianna was born, and I know I've already forgotten some of the details of that day :( So today I am going to do my very best to conjure up all of the details of the hours surrounding her birth, and to write them down here :) This might be more for me than for any of my readers, so sorry if parts of it are a little jumbled! And it might be coming in parts! Here we go...

My induction was scheduled for Monday, March 7th 2011 at 8am. Josh and I had packed all of the bags and put them in the car the night before, so that morning all we had to do was get up and get ourselves ready. My sister, Jennifer, came up to help with Kyson. He had already eaten, so she changed and dressed him before we walked out the door... her to head to our mom's house, us to the hospital!

When we got to the hospital, registration was a breeze (I had pre-registered online, so it was just paperwork). Josh was so nervous he started straightening the brochures on the registrars desk, lol. We left our bags in the car, instead of having to drag them to two different rooms, when we wouldn't really need anything until after Kade was born (expecting labor to take a while). I got in the room and into that oh-so-wonderful hospital gown, laughing the whole time because Josh couldn't figure out how to help me tie it on :) Instead of getting into the hospital bed, I sat on the couch with Josh, knowing that I would be in that bed far too much over the next couple of hours. My nurse was an older woman, probably in her 50's, and had a sense of humor, thank goodness. I hate crabby nurses! I asked some questions about the induction, thinking that since two weeks earlier I was not dilated at all, I thought it was going to be a drawn out process. She answered them all, and then asked me to lie down so that she could check me. Here comes the good part! I was already dilated to FOUR centimeters! What a relief! I had prayed all morning to be just a tiny bit dilated, so that they could just start Pitocin instead of having to use Cervadil, or another method to get my cervix to open, and boy did my prayers get answered, lol.

gotta stop there for now, Ky needs a nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment