Monday, June 7, 2010

Green

I've decided to "go green", lol. It's slowly been happening without my really knowing it. I wanted to breastfeed, because that was what was best for both Kyson and I (mostly Ky). That meant no artificial ingredients entering his body, just my milk :) Then I switched to cloth diapers. Mainly because of the expense and because they are just so darn cute, the fact that they were good for the earth was just a bonus, really. Then, when it came time to start solids with Kyson, I wanted him to have organic food. I just felt better about knowing that I wasn't putting any extra chemicals in his body. This week I bought re-usable grocery bags, and bought all organic groceries. Milk, eggs, butter, cheese, squash, zucchini, green beans, carrots, asparagus, oatmeal, jelly, peanut butter, yogurt... that's all I can think of for now. The selection was somewhat limited. First we went to Wal-Mart, because that is where we usually do our shopping at. BUT they had barely anything organic. Later in the day, after Josh went to work, I left Ky with Mom and Tab and went down the road to Publix. I had a much easier time there!! I'm looking for other things to do in our daily lives that is better for us as a family AND the earth. If you have any ideas, I'd love to hear them!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment